What We Talked About:
- Interviewing Jen Carrington, content coach & creative mentor & blogger extraordinaire
- How Asia started working with Jen, and how her coaching changed Asia's blogging life
- Discovering you are a creative person, and realizing that "creativity" doesn't have to mean what it means for everyone else
- Starting a blog about *anything* is a great way to start
- "You can affect someone with what you create."
- Finding your strengths & running with them
- "Coaching isn't telling someone what to do, it's making the space for that person to figure out what they want to do."
- Giving yourself permission to be good at something
- The confidence you have to say "I don't know"
- The difference between faking it til you make it and only selling what you can deliver
- Starting a business young & being "ballsy"
- Not having to use your blog to prove you're an expert
- Having a voice amongst the noise
- Not having to be the loudest voice to be heard
- "When I'm creating content, I'm not trying to be someone else."
- "Strong content creation comes from strong intuition with your content."
- Putting your brand at your core
- Listening to yourself to lead your content
- "It's a muscle you have to work on."
- Extroversion doesn't equal confidence; authentic doesn't mean outgoing
- Advice for those of you drowning in noise, or being burnt out in content
- "Strip it back to basics"
- "What am I trying to say in this season of life"
- You stifle your best content by worrying about content strategy
- You don't have to care about equipment/tech tools/the how as much as you have to care about the why
- Being an introvert does not mean being isolated
- For the millionth time, creative friendships are INTEGRAL in the creative business owner's life
- Writing a blog post for one person
- Being okay with charging what you know you're worth
- Good for you, not so good for me. That's okay to say!
Round 2 of this episode will be on Make It Happen podcast!
Check Out Jen Carrington Here:
Check us out here!
Periscopes: @paige_poppe // @asiacroson
Snapchat: @paigepoppe // @asiacroson