What We Talked About:
The 6 keys to your slow season:
Key #1: Have faith the slow season will end. DO NOT PANIC.
Key #2: Take a break.
Key #3: Be grateful.
Key #4: Get ready for the busy season.
Key #5: Be where you can’t be during the busy season (get online or get face to face!)
Key #6: Get creative with other creatives.
- Taking advantage of your slow season instead of trying to pretend it isn’t happening.
- Don’t just try to fill your slow season with stuff. It’s okay to slow down & be intentional with your time.
- Preparing for the busy season is sooo nice to your future self
- During your busy season, what do you wish you would have done before busy season started?
- They can be personal things: visiting family, relaxing, exercising, scrapbooking
- Or business things that make the busy season run smoother: organizing files, deleting files, implementing systems, or practicing new techniques and experimenting with new skills, doing administrative work/planning for future travel or other plans
- Building habits during the slow season- starting new habits is hard!
- Slow season is a time of investment
- Preparing for the busy season is good, but you can also prepare for the slow season!
- Give yourself projects!
- Start stockpiling on your blog posts, video posts, Instagram content, etc.
- You do not have to post Instagram in real time. Mind blown. Thanks Paige.
- Using the slow season as a time to work out kinks in new long term projects, products or services
- Everyone loves cacti. Fact. (Ps Paige has a new collection for Valentines Day: Desert Candy!)
- Slow season is a great time to get photos done, headshots done, personalized stock photos done!
- Portfolio building time!
- Starting and investing in new friendships & relationships takes time, and the time to start is now!
- Think about planting seedssss
- Learning how to distribute your finances over your slow season
- You live and you learnnnnn
- Run through flowers with other creatives. To the Rocky theme song.
Links/People We Mention:
Check us out here!
Periscopes: @paige_poppe // @asiacroson
Snapchat: @paigepoppe // @asiacroson